Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Key to my Heart

In a moment of madness, I decided to enter a competition that the Beadworkers Guild were running in their quarterly Journal (issue 32).  I think the prospect of winning £75 of Swarovski crystals might have a spurred me on.  The remit was to "design a simple bag charm or keyring that can include seed beads but must contain crystals too".  

I used two shades of pink 4mm bicones on the circular motif and the strap which loops round a key charm with a cut out heart.  The pink crystals are accented using green fire-polished crystals.  The rear side of the circular motif uses a central 6mm olivine swarovski crystal surrounded by green fire-polished crystals as before.

I didn't win the competition (see issue 34 for winners) but since then I have made a few things with a pink and green theme which I love.  My latest project is from The Bead Merchant-Barnsdale Cuff which is a riot of green and pink beads accented with pink Swarovski crystals...it is almost finished.  

1 comment:

  1. I like it! very pretty.
    Maybe key rings or bag charms is the way forward...
    xx

    ReplyDelete