Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Dawn Chorus

My time in the land of nod officially ends the second the birds start twittering at around 5am. I am sure they sit on the branches of the lime tree just outside my bedroom window and conspire to make sure I am awake before the sun is up! Fortunately my pillow makes good ear muffs and I can usually drown out the noise long enough to get some more zeds in.

My favourite bird is the blackbird and I love beads, hence the title of my blog. Magpies like collecting all sorts of pretty shiny things but they are not as cute as blackbirds. I promise I will put up a 'beady' post as soon as I have finished my current project which is taking me forever to finish.

Maybe if I could sleep through the dawn chorus I would bead instead of snooze on the couch in the evening.

Tweet Tweet xx

No comments:

Post a Comment